Pool Service Programs offered
We are a Full Service and Maintenance Pool Company: 208-288-2259.
Pool Service Offerings:
- Pool/Spa Cleaning Services
- Pool/Spa Chemicals Only Service
- Leak Detection
- Tile Cleaning
- Stain Treatment
- Drain Down/Refill
- Pool/Spa Openings
- Pool/Spa Closings
- Pool/Spa Upgrades (for Chemical Reduction, Ease of Use, Energy Efficiency)
- Pool School
- Pool Inspections
Pool and Spa Cleaning Services
We offer weekly, bi-weekly, customized and on request cleaning & chemical service. We DO NOT require you to store chemicals at your house. We DO NOT require an annual contract.
Our service includes:
- Test water chemistry and adjust as necessary (normal chemicals included- see below)
- Skim surface for debris
- Brush tile around pool and spa
- Inspect automatic pool cleaner and empty bag
- Empty skimmer and pump baskets
- Vacuum as needed
- Check filter pressure. Backwash or clean filter as needed.
- Inspect and adjust exterior equipment for proper operation; make note of any leaks or other possible problems.
- Leave a service ticket detailing water chemistry, chemicals added and other notes.
Normal chemicals for sanitizationinclude:pH and alkalinity control and chlorine. Our technicians will bring the chemicals with them; you don’t have to worry about storing any chemicals at your home. To schedule service or request more information please call our office (208) 288-2259 or CLICK HERE to request a no cost, no obligation price quote.
Emergency Cleaning Service
Under normal conditions, a well-cared-for swimming pool should never need emergency cleaning services. However, if you have chemical imbalances or faulty equipment, any pool can “go green” in a hurry, especially in a hot summer. When that happens, you’ll need an expert to respond quickly.
We have extensive experience restoring pools anywhere from “slight cloudiness” to a full-blown swamp.
It may only take a calculated chemical treatment and a filter cleaning & inspection for us to get your water clear again. In extreme cases, it may be necessary for our technicians to drain the pool, remove leftover debris and algae, and then pressure wash the entire pool as needed. Once the pool has been refilled, we will replenish the chemicals and restore the filters to proper operating conditions.
Call us or submit a request for a quote for any emergency pool cleaning services.
Some of our customers prefer to handle the pool cleaning themselves. For these people we offer our Chemicals-Only service. In this case, we will visit your pool or spa on a predetermined day once a week to test and adjust the chemicals for sanitization, pH and alkalinity control. Our technicians will bring the chemicals with them; you won’t have to store any chemicals at your home.
Water line tile begins to collect two types of deposits: 1) suntan lotion and body oils show as grey discoloration 2) mineral deposits show as white buildup.
We will provide you an evaluation and estimate upon request.
As a Jack’s Magic Certified Stain Specialist, we can help you identify stains in your pool and determine if and how stains can be removed. We will also provide you a program to prevent stains from reoccurring.
Many homeowners don’t realize that the water in their swimming pool should be drained and refilled when the build-up of certain chemicals (typically calcium and cyanuric acid) reach certain levels. These chemicals can only be removed through dilution or complete water replacement.
You can call us or submit a request for a quote to find out whether your pool might be ready for our “drain down” service.
THE PROBLEM: Cyanuric acid is a “stabilizer” that enables the chlorine to stay in your pool longer, and to do a better job of sanitizing your pool. It’s one of the chemicals we measure on a regular basis to make sure your pool stays crystal-clear.
However, after a few years, the cyanuric acid will climb above the acceptable range, (typically over 100PPM), and no longer provide a stabilizing effect on your chlorine. If not corrected, your pool will require increasing amounts of chlorine to stay clean. (Ironically, most chlorine contains a small amount of cyanuric acid, which means the more chlorine you add, the worse your problem is going to get.) High cyanuric acid levels can also lead to plaster discoloration, which may require an acid wash or a complete re-plastering of your pool.
We tend to have a problem with water hardness also. As water evaporates from your pool, the calcium is left behind. Every time new water is added, you are adding more calcium to your swimming pool. Eventually, the excess calcium will begin to show up as calcium deposits throughout your pool, visibly on your tile, and completely hidden inside your pool equipment. If left unchecked, these deposits can destroy your pump, filter, heater and other equipment.
THE SOLUTION: Fortunately, this problem is easy to correct. We can conduct a drain down of your pool to get your chemicals back in balance where they’re supposed to be. Our technicians will determine whether a partial or complete drain down is recommended.
Basic Opening Includes:
- Remove the Winter plugs, reassemble equipment, startup and test equipment. We will perform minor repairs if possible.
- Lubricate o-rings on equipment drain plugs
- Remove debris from equipment pad area
- Clean pool or spa: ½ hr of debris removal and vacuuming.
- Test water balance and 1st application of basic chemicals (chlorine, acid, sodium bi-carbonate). Specialty chemicals will be an additional charge.
- Test water for hardness and cyanuric acid.
Additional Opening Services:
- Winter cover removal, dry clean with broom, fold and store.
- Pump water off automatic cover and broom clean. Please note: Never Open or Close an automatic cover with large puddles of water. A few gallons is OK, even 10 or 15, but more than that puts a strain on the motor, reels and ropes.
Annual Manufacturer’s recommended maintenance of pool cover: Includes clean out the cover box, clean out the tracks, tighten and lube rope tracks, reels and slides.
Basic Closing Includes:
- Clean the pool. Brush and vacuum pool to remove all algae, debris, and loose dirt.
- Clean the filter.
- Remove and store all pump, filter, heater, cleaner plugs.
- Blow out water and plug lines.
- Drain water to level that allows for winter precipitation as needed.
- Winterize all specialty sanitization systems per manufacturer’s instructions (ex: Nature II, chemical feeders,)
- Chemically treat water according to type of sanitizers, equipment and the current water balance.
Base chemicals of chlorine, acid, soda ash, sodium bicarbonate- no additional cost
- Winter algaecide – no additional cost.
- Add scale inhibitor ONLY when Total Dissolved Solids are high– additional cost
- Chemically treat water according to type of sanitizers, equipment and the current water balance.
- Turn off gas, electrical breakers, shut down time clocks and automation programs.
- Install winter cover – additional cost.
We have a complete list of chemical reduction, time-saving and energy-saving upgrades that are available for your swimming pool.
CHEMICAL REDUCTION UPGRADES: Healthier Options
- Salt-based chlorine generators allow you to make organic chlorine from salt. Reduces the need to handle chlorine and ensures chlorine use is as low as possible.
- UV Ozone Generators use ozone to eliminate combined-chlorine issues like red eyes, skin irritation and chlorine smell.
- Mineral System deliver minerals to naturally destroy bacteria and control algae.
TIME-SAVING UPGRADES: Let Your Pool Care of Itself!
From chemical management to automatic cleaners, new breakthroughs have simplified swimming pool ownership.
- Remote Automation: Turn on spa, heater, pumps, & lights from anywhere. Monitor and manage chemicals automatically. Accessible from anywhere – even your cell phone!
- Automatic Chlorine Generation: Salt-based chlorine generators allow you to make organic chlorine from salt. Reduces the need to handle chlorine and ensures chlorine use is as low as possible.
- Polished Interiors: Smooth, easy to clean surfaces. Stunningly beautiful; many styles to choose from.
- Robotic Cleaners: Automatic, every day. The pool always stays clean.
ENERGY-SAVING UPGRADES: “Go Green” And Save Money Too!
The industry has been working hard to develop more cost-efficient pumps, filters, lights, heaters and control systems. With the following upgrades, you can cut your swimming pool’s electricity usage by more than 60%.
Variable speed pump
- Uses 64% less electricity than single speed pumps.
- Runs longer at low cost, keeping pool cleaner.
High-Capacity, Low Resistance Filter
- Requires less pressure to filter the water.
- Lets pump run easily at low-energy setting.
- Uses 68% less energy than gas heaters.
- Some models can also cool the water on extra-hot days.
- Extends the swimming season for just pennies a day
If you’re new to pool ownership, or not familiar with how to operate all aspects of your swimming pool, then you may want to consider taking advantage of our “Pool School.” Our trained technicians will give you a guided tour of all aspects of your swimming pool, offering you as much detail as you wish and will provide you with digital copies of all your equipment manuals.
Typically, homeowners are interested in learning some or all of the following:
- how to turn pumps, heaters, and other special features on and off
- how to program the filter, the clock, and other advanced features
- how to check the chemicals
- how to adjust the chemicals
- how to clean and maintain the pool
- how to check for problems
- how the entire system works
To schedule a “pool school” training session at your swimming pool, you can call us or submit a request on line.
We have a 31 point checklist that will provide you data about your pool (gallonage, type, installed equipment, equipment manufacturers,) and the physical condition of the tile, coping, interior finish, deck, cover and equipment. We will also use a LeakAlyzer to ensure the pool is holding water.
Annual Manufacturer’s Recommended Service
We will perform the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance on your pool cover, heater, pump, filter and sanitizers.
Fill out our form below