- About C.H.I. Pools
- Our Products and Services
- 10 Reasons why C.H.I. Pools is a better choice
- Organizations and Certifications
- Swimming Pool Education Program for Teens
With a career that began on a crew based in Oregon that constructed and renovated swimming pools across the Pacific Northwest, Jim Schmidt learned early what makes pools fail and knew he could provide a higher quality product.
Jim moved to Boise and founded C.H.I. in 1984. In 2005 we were privileged to be invited to join the Aquatech Society of Professional Pool Builders. We remained members of the society until 2017.
We offer you the best value for your money!
- We spend very little on marketing because our customers refer us passionately to their friends. Over 90% of our new business is from referrals.
- We have a 600 sq. ft. office and two full size operating pools; one with an automatic pool cover and one with a solar system. . (I do recommend that you take the time to visit the local showrooms.)
C.H.I Pools – The APSP Award of Excellence Builder
- Residential Gunite Pools
- Commercial Pools
- Design Services
- Pool Covers
- Landscape Services
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Renovations / Remodel
- Vinyl Liner Replacement
- Family owned and operated; Established in 1984; Serving Boise, Eagle, Meridian, Sun Valley, and Twin Falls.
- 8 time recipient of the International Award of Excellence from Association of Pool & Spa Professionals.
- 14 time recipient of the National Award of Distinction from the Aquatech Society of Professional Pool Builders.
- Our projects have been in featured in magazines such as Pool and spa Living and Luxury Pools
- We are a listed Certified Building Professional with the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals ( APSP), only 1 in the state of Idaho.
- We provide complete outdoor living space designs.
- We include energy efficient design in every aspect of your project. Our projects meet or exceed the 2012 International Energy Conservation Code.
- We are a full service company.
- We are a member of the APSP (Association of Pool and Spa Professionals).
- We have won The APSP Award of Excellence Builder.
Formally known as The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals/National Swimming Pool Foundation.
PHTA is the world’s oldest and largest association representing swimming pool, hot tub and spa manufactures, distributors, manufacturers’ agents, designers, builders, installers, supplier, retailers and service professionals. PHTA offers pool and hot tub education and certification programs, provides valuable membership benefits, develops trusted industry standards and advocates for critical legislation.
PHTA members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The competition is open only to APSP member builders, designers, and service and retail firms. Many hundreds of entries are submitted each year, representing member firms from all over the world. More information at: International Awards of Excellence
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
The Certified Pool/Spa Operator® certification program has delivered more training than any other program in the pool and spa industry since 1972, resulting in more than 200,000 successful CPO® certifications in 44 countries.
CPO® certification courses are designed to provide individuals with the basic knowledge, techniques, and skills of pool and spa operations. It covers 14-16 hours of information from the NSPF® Pool & Spa Operator™ Handbook (provided) and local codes taught by an NSPF® Instructor.
The CPO® program is widely accepted by health departments. More information at http://www.nspf.org/en/CPO.aspx
A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program’s highest credential—CSP™ Certified Service Professional®. Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification.
A Certified Hot Tub Professional ® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Hot Tub Professional® training program. The technical training program provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to to water chemistry and maintenance.
APSP members who successfully complete the course are granted the program’s highest credential— CHTT® – Certified Hot Tub Professional®
The National Plasterers Council history goes back to the creation of the Plasterers Council under the auspices of the Southern California Chapter of the National Spa & Pool Institute. With the vision and work of Bruce Hughes, the Council was formed to “provide a voice and support for swimming pool plasterers.”
Other priorities include nationwide membership recruitment, new member benefits, and new educational opportunities including a pool surface applicator certification program. NPC has a very strong foundation and vision which will take the association to new levels now and in the future.